STUDENT MEMBER BENEFIT
The Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE) membership offers several benefits and opportunities. The following are some benefits that Student members may derive. The list is by no means exhaustive.
As students, you also derive most of these benefits.
1 You have access to GhIE publications and you can also publish articles in them.
2 You can mix with Professionals in the field and benefit from their knowledge and experience.
3 You can use the GhIE library and other facilities.
4 You can ask for members’ assistance when doing project work.
5 You have a powerful well-recognised body that can speak for you when necessary.
6 You can join in social events.
7 You can begin to establish yourself amongst your peers if you have the intention to hold positions in future.
8 You can lay the foundation now for your future participation in the engineering industry.
9 You can benefit from the GhIE’s international links with other engineering bodies.
- Student Member rates for selected events.
Other benefits for student members are as follows:
- Student ID Card
The GhIE Student ID card carries the following information
o Name of holder
o GhIE Student Membership Number
o Programme of study
o Picture of holder
o Period of validity
o GhIE Logo
- Newsletters for each individual member during term time.
- Magazines for each individual member during term time.
- Dues are paid at Student Member rates during National Service.
- Automatic transfer to Graduate or Affiliates status.
No Entrance Fee (for entry to Graduate and Affiliate status)
- Access to Member Only areas of the GhIE website.
- Use of GhIE library and other facilitates reserved for GhIE members.
- Entry to meetings and lectures of GhIE and GhIE Regional Branches.